I love traveling and I love a good deal. Since the opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture, I have wanted to attend. This past Fall, Andrea and I were able to get tickets and that meant the beginning of a new adventure. The trip was amazing and thanks to my amazing friend that is a beast with film, it has been documented. Check out our trip.
Goals are better than resolutions. Resolutions are firm and to most of us they can only be made in January while goals are flexible and can change as life changes. Let’s lower the pressure to achieve resolutions and instead focus on things that make us better and help us overall.
We should enjoy life and leap at opportunities instead of just looking at them. Let’s stop worrying about answering society’s questions about life such as “when are you getting married? ” or “when are you having children? ” We should trust God and his timing instead. To kick start our list of goals, I’ve thought of a few that I’ve done or plan to do this year.
- Dive deeper in my relationship with God. Going to church and taking notes is great but applying the word to our life is better. Study scripture, listen to worship music, read more about a biblical topic that we need to strengthen like faith, or make sure we spend some time with the Lord daily.
- Try new recipes. Don’t just pin the recipe to your Pinterest board, actually make the recipe. It’s always great to have options for your next potluck or gathering. I’ve learned so many different things I can cook in my crockpot. The Crock-Pot chicken fajitas was amazing
- Read a book monthly. I love to read but due to work and school I haven’t read anything for my leisure in a while. That changes this year and I will start reading again for my pleasure. This could be a great activity to do with friends or family.
- Be healthy. Many people decide to drink more water but maybe you only drink water so instead you decide to eat more leafy greens vegetables or work out more. Healthy is a term used for so many things so don’t let ones definition keep you from finding your way to being healthy.
- Travel! If you live in a big city take time to explore it and maybe have a staycation attend newest hotel. Enjoy your state which keeps costs low. When you are ready travel anywhere you want to go. I enjoy museums so I like traveling the nation for different exhibits or museums they I’ve heard about. My trip to Washington DC was great because of all the museums. Do mini trips on the weekends or holidays! *Don’t sleep on the groupon deals* I love flying Southwest so I don’t pay for bags and get a good deal.
- Create a wardrobe worth keeping- I don’t know about you, but I love stores like Forever 21, H&M, and others because I can get trendy items for less; however, every woman needs classic pieces that never go out of style. Classic pieces are different for everyone so find out what works for you and your shape. Make sure you have a few pieces in your wardrobe that you know will last for years to come and will always look great.
These are just a few options but the theme is to enjoy your life. Let’s work on being the best people we can be. We know our weaknesses and if you don’t ask your close friends. Let’s keep our strengths up and decrease our weaknesses. Don’t pressure yourself into completing all goals but embrace the process and love the moments. While living life to the fullest I suggest journaling or taking a picture so you can remember your adventures along with the beautiful moments and lessons learned. This is your life so love it. Remember to dream big, rock it, and be dedicated.